The Student Room Group

self studying Economics GCSE

I want to do an economics gcse, however my school doesn’t offer it, so I’ll be self studying and I think taking the exam somewhere else. What the best exam board, textbook and anything other info I need? Has anyone also self studied economics and could give me advice? I’m currently going into y9. Thank you everyone!!
Reply 1
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
I want to do an economics gcse, however my school doesn’t offer it, so I’ll be self studying and I think taking the exam somewhere else. What the best exam board, textbook and anything other info I need? Has anyone also self studied economics and could give me advice? I’m currently going into y9. Thank you everyone!!

Why are you so keen to do GCSE economics? You really don’t need it for Economics A-level, if that is the reason. I can’t see any benefit in doing it, especially if you are already going 8 or more GCSEs
Original post by lalexm
Why are you so keen to do GCSE economics? You really don’t need it for Economics A-level, if that is the reason. I can’t see any benefit in doing it, especially if you are already going 8 or more GCSEs

I’d like to do it because I find Economics a really interesting subject and there’s a lot of stuff in the content that I’d find fun to learn more about.
Reply 3
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
I’d like to do it because I find Economics a really interesting subject and there’s a lot of stuff in the content that I’d find fun to learn more about.

Okay, if it is just for enjoyment, then fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest