The Student Room Group

My career

Hi, I’m currently doing economics, geography and business A level I wanted to do computer science and maths But my school didn’t let me my goal is to become a cyber security engineer I’m thinking on doing an apprenticeship degree after A levels in cyber security is it possible to do a degree apprenticeship with these subejcts if yes will I have to get good grades in A levels or alternatively I should repeat a year and do maths and CS somewhere else
Reply 1
Original post by Franklin san
Hi, I’m currently doing economics, geography and business A level I want to do computer science and maths

Then why are you not doing A level Maths ....?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Then why are you not doing A level Maths ....?

Because the school didn’t let me cause I got 6 in maths and they asked for 7 cause of that I wasn’t able to do CS either because not done it in GCSES
Reply 3
Original post by Franklin san
Because the school didn’t let me cause I got 6 in maths and they asked for 7 cause of that I wasn’t able to do CS either because not done it in GCSES

Then you have to think about why they made this decision - and therefore if you stood any realistic chance of getting a high grade at A level.
An apprenticeship may be possible but they may also want higher level Maths skills/ability. You may have to be far more realistic about you own abilities vs. the job you want to do.
Reply 4
So you are saying if I get good grades let’s say AAB or AAA then the apprenticeships will allow me to join or what if I do some certificates my self in cyber security and study it my self along A levels and have some skills will it help me to get in and make my application different and more likely to be accepted compare to other applicants? Btw I have checked government websites they ask for 112 UCAS points which means I need to get BBC to get into apprenticeships ?

Quick Reply

Latest