The Student Room Group

How to deal with uncertainty?

I am starting a degree in a course at a very far away university.

I had an offer at a different university for a course I originally planned and on and applied through clearing. I plan on a graduate law course afterwards.

They rejected my clearing application even though I met the grades and then I applied to another uni through clearing the Saturday after results’ day - which I never planned on applying through clearing around results’ day as I already had my results WAY before this.

The course is different. But - I’m not exactly concerned with that. I have visited the city the university is in and some of the buildings were really not to my taste. Its a small city and I wanted a bigger city feel. I’m a mature student and do not want to spend my early 20s in such a place and its making me anxious that I will be spending the “prime” of my life in a seemingly boring city.

There were MANY seagulls as well and I have Misophonia tendencies.

I had an offer at a London university but its not a great uni so I don’t want to ruin my grad prospects. And, its very hard to find average priced accommodation there at this time.

Student finance is confusing me with so much conflicting information as well.
Original post by Anonymous
I am starting a degree in a course at a very far away university.

I had an offer at a different university for a course I originally planned and on and applied through clearing. I plan on a graduate law course afterwards.

They rejected my clearing application even though I met the grades and then I applied to another uni through clearing the Saturday after results’ day - which I never planned on applying through clearing around results’ day as I already had my results WAY before this.

The course is different. But - I’m not exactly concerned with that. I have visited the city the university is in and some of the buildings were really not to my taste. Its a small city and I wanted a bigger city feel. I’m a mature student and do not want to spend my early 20s in such a place and its making me anxious that I will be spending the “prime” of my life in a seemingly boring city.

There were MANY seagulls as well and I have Misophonia tendencies.

I had an offer at a London university but its not a great uni so I don’t want to ruin my grad prospects. And, its very hard to find average priced accommodation there at this time.

Student finance is confusing me with so much conflicting information as well.

If you're unsure, you need to ask yourself if you really want to do the course and how much the uni matters to you. There is no point doing a degree that you don't like for the next 3/4 years.
If you really dislike the uni, you could try doing some extra qualifications like an access course to get into your top choice, but you will have to apply for 2024 entry instead.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by spectrum84
If you're unsure, you need to ask yourself if you really want to do the course and how much the uni matters to you. There is no point doing a degree that you don't like for the next 3/4 years.
If you really dislike the uni, you could try doing some extra qualifications like an access course to get into your top choice, but you will have to apply for 2024 entry instead.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you :smile: but the access courses will be starting and I do not have anywhere near £3.5k to afford one.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :smile: but the access courses will be starting and I do not have anywhere near £3.5k to afford one.

Are you able to apply for a loan for the access course?
What part of student finance confuses you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending