The Student Room Group

A* A* B and A* in EPQ

I’m taking a gap year this year, and applying to uni in the next few weeks to pursue a history degree. I’m going to apply for two A* AA unis, two AAA ( one lowered to AAB due to EPQ) and one AAB. One of my A*s is in history. Is applying to these higher unis a good idea? I’ve got such awkward grades!
Original post by Lightningparrot
I’m taking a gap year this year, and applying to uni in the next few weeks to pursue a history degree. I’m going to apply for two A* AA unis, two AAA ( one lowered to AAB due to EPQ) and one AAB. One of my A*s is in history. Is applying to these higher unis a good idea? I’ve got such awkward grades!

I think the range of universities you're applying to makes sense, and isn't overly optimistic.

You have achieved grades, whilst most applicants will have predicted grades. So you're a "known quantity". It may be that you don't get offers from the two A*AA unis, or even the AAA (non-EPQ) uni, but my guess is that at least one of those will make you an unconditional offer. You exceed the requirements of the two AAB unis by a couple of grades, so I'd say you have a good chance of receiving unconditional offers from them both.

As you have achieved grades you don't have to worry about the whol firm / insurance thing either. You will receive unconditional offers. Pick the one you like, and that's where you're going. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending