The Student Room Group

do you need an EPQ for your application

if a uni says you need an EPQ and didn't do the assessment does this discount your application ie you won't be offered a place?
Original post by Irenegcse
if a uni says you need an EPQ and didn't do the assessment does this discount your application ie you won't be offered a place?

Which university / course say's you "need an EPQ"?! Some pay attention to it, and some ignore it, but I've never seen any requiring it.

Or are you saying that you told them you were doing one in your UCAS application, and they included that in your offer conditions, but you dropped the EPQ and didn't actually do it in the end? If so, then you haven't met the conditions of the offer, and the university are not obliged to confirm your place. They may still do so, if they don't have enough candidates who have met their offer conditions, but they're not obliged to.
Reply 2
No UK Uni requires an EPQ for any course.
Reply 3
thank you, it says it in the entry requirements ie EPQ - B, but I didn't do the EPQ at all, do I need to worry about it
Original post by Irenegcse
thank you, it says it in the entry requirements ie EPQ - B, but I didn't do the EPQ at all, do I need to worry about it

I can't help thinking that you must me misreading something here.

Many courses have an alternative set of requirements which includes the EPQ, but there'll also be a non-EPQ set of requirements too.

Which course at which uni? If you have a link for the web page which says that, even better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending