The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

Hi all,
My predicted grades where A,A,B,B (Maths, Econ, FM and Physics respectively).
My goal is to study maths at a top 10 or 20 uni. I also would like to study at a campus uni which is relatively ethnically diverse. I was initially aiming for Warwick but my application wouldnt be that competitive due to my predicteds. I plan to take STEP in June as well. Does anyone have any help, tips, uni recommendation or literally anything cause i kind of need it😟.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
You could possible do an epq as that may lower the grades your offers from universities
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zh14063
You could possible do an epq as that may lower the grades your offers from universities

I have but I got a B in it.
Reply 3
Original post by RationalFish
Hi all,
My predicted grades where A,A,B,B (Maths, Econ, FM and Physics respectively).
My goal is to study maths at a top 10 or 20 uni. I also would like to study at a campus uni which is relatively ethnically diverse. I was initially aiming for Warwick but my application wouldnt be that competitive due to my predicteds. I plan to take STEP in June as well. Does anyone have any help, tips, uni recommendation or literally anything cause i kind of need it😟.
Thanks in advance.

Why are you doing 4 A-levels? Getting A*AA is far more competitive than AABB
Yeah, I would be thinking of dropping the EPQ and/or the fourth AL.
Reply 5
Original post by Riann246
Why are you doing 4 A-levels? Getting A*AA is far more competitive than AABB

My sixth form pushed further maths when I probably should have focused on less (also I do kinda wanna take maths at uni).
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
Yeah, I would be thinking of dropping the EPQ and/or the fourth AL.

Which one would you suggest? I can’t drop EPQ because we’ve already completed it. I really wish EPQ wasn’t compulsory for us because I would have prefer to focus on the important things
Which one would you suggest? I can’t drop EPQ because we’ve already completed it. I really wish EPQ wasn’t compulsory for us because I would have prefer to focus on the important things

Maths, FM, Phys is the most common combo.

If you're aiming for a top 20 uni (and get rejections the first time around) then you may need to take a gap and apply with achieved grades. It depends when your predicted grades are finalised. Are you applying for 2024 entry?
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Maths, FM, Phys is the most common combo.

If you're aiming for a top 20 uni (and get rejections the first time around) then you may need to take a gap and apply with achieved grades. It depends when your predicted grades are finalised. Are you applying for 2024 entry?

I am applying for 2024 entry. I don’t know if my school allows us to drop A-Levels or not though.
I am applying for 2024 entry. I don’t know if my school allows us to drop A-Levels or not though.

Might be worth having a meeting along with your parents to explain that you are trying to maximise your chances for a decent uni and 4 subjects is hindering your chances. It may be a bit late for your school to revisit your predictions in which case I would apply to wherever you wanted to go regardless of grades, (accepting that they're a bit aspirational at this stage), and then bear in mind that you might need to reapply next cycle when you know your actual grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending