The Student Room Group

Guaranteed EPQ grade drop?? Sheffield/Southampton

Normally EPQ isnt guaranteed to drop entry requirements but for the Uni of Sheffield and Southampton it is worded in a way indicating that it does?
Shef: "A Levels + additional qualifications ABB including A in Maths + B in a relevant EPQ (relevant research topics include Economics, Statistics, Maths or Business); ABB, including A in Maths + B in A Level Further Maths"
Southampton: "If you are taking an EPQ in addition to 3 A levels, you will receive the following offer in addition to the standard A level offer: ABB including Mathematics and grade A in the EPQ"

Can anyone verify the guaranteed grade drop? And if so, can I apply with the dropped grade?
I can with Sheffield they offered me abb instead of aab because of my EPQ
Reply 2
Original post by Manobal
Normally EPQ isnt guaranteed to drop entry requirements but for the Uni of Sheffield and Southampton it is worded in a way indicating that it does?
Shef: "A Levels + additional qualifications ABB including A in Maths + B in a relevant EPQ (relevant research topics include Economics, Statistics, Maths or Business); ABB, including A in Maths + B in A Level Further Maths"
Southampton: "If you are taking an EPQ in addition to 3 A levels, you will receive the following offer in addition to the standard A level offer: ABB including Mathematics and grade A in the EPQ"

Can anyone verify the guaranteed grade drop? And if so, can I apply with the dropped grade?

Hi,

I applied to Southampton and they dropped my grades from AAA to ABB all I had to do is once I had recieved the offer send over my EPQ certifcate to prove that I had achieved the A* - so I am sure they will drop the grades as long as you have acquired the right grades
Yes, lots of universities recognise the value of the EPQ - Cardiff, Birmingham, Keele, Lancaster, Sheffield and Southampton. I am sure more unis will follow suit. The requirement is that you put them as firm choice rather than your back up uni choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending