The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University

I would like to go to York University to do history however unfortunately due to Grade boundaries being very high this year(2023) I was disappointed with A Level results with a B and a C. With the requirements being A,A,A I was wondering how I could get into York University in 2024. I am currently doing A Level Biology and an EPQ.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I would like to go to York University to do history however unfortunately due to Grade boundaries being very high this year(2023) I was disappointed with A Level results with a B and a C. With the requirements being A,A,A I was wondering how I could get into York University in 2024. I am currently doing A Level Biology and an EPQ.

What grades did you get in all 3 A levels? If you live in a deprived area you could request a contextual offer. Alternatively you could do resists or even do another A level. If all else fails I would consider applying for other universities and going into clearing for York next year as they may have History available.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I only done two A Levels this year. And I am doing biology A Level and an EPQ this year. As I am a Y14 in college. As my results in biology were not as good. So I had to stay an extra year.

What is a contextual offer as I am from a deprived area?
Reply 3
Original post by katie080705
What grades did you get in all 3 A levels? If you live in a deprived area you could request a contextual offer. Alternatively you could do resists or even do another A level. If all else fails I would consider applying for other universities and going into clearing for York next year as they may have History available.

Edit- sorry, I didn’t intend to reply to your comment. I mixed it up with another thread where someone replied to me haha.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by katie080705
Edit- sorry, I didn’t intend to reply to your comment. I mixed it up with another thread where someone replied to me haha.

It's okay Haha. If anyone else does know how to then please feel free to reply.
Reply 5
My son is going to York. Offer was AAA and he got BBB and still got in.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
It's okay Haha. If anyone else does know how to then please feel free to reply.

Wait I’ve just looked through the thread. For some reason I got a notification for my own reply haha. Yes I defiantly stand by resits/ clearing. Sorry for the confusion!
Reply 7
Original post by Mum99578
My son is going to York. Offer was AAA and he got BBB and still got in.

Thank you so much as I really I did work hard for my A Levels. It's just a shame that I didn't get the results I wanted. For my History I wanted an A but got a B. As for the entire Y12 and Half of Y13 I kept getting C's and then finally I got a B in my last mock. And then for my main exam I got a B so I haven't gotten worst. And then for my English I predicted a C and got a C in my last exam so hopefully they will allow me in
Reply 8
Its okay. Hopefully my EPQ and third a Level will help get me in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending