The Student Room Group

AQA Computer Science NEA

Hello im in year 13, I was wondering if anyone can share some finished examples of the computer science NEA documentation?
Hi,

I've just started a degree in computer science after doing it at A Level. I can't share my NEA with you, mainly because I think my school kept hold of it but I did get an A overall in it and do have a few tips, tricks and resources if that helps at all?

:smile:
hi, ive just started year 12 any help would be greatly appreciated

Original post by cyberstudent99
Hi,

I've just started a degree in computer science after doing it at A Level. I can't share my NEA with you, mainly because I think my school kept hold of it but I did get an A overall in it and do have a few tips, tricks and resources if that helps at all?

:smile:
Original post by probably_sane
hi, ive just started year 12 any help would be greatly appreciated

Ah nice okay :smile: The key thing that people forget with the NEA is that all the points you get come from documentation. What I’m trying to say is that you could make the greatest program in the world but if you don’t explain what you’ve done properly then you’re still going to end up with a not so great mark.

My tips would be:

- start research early (it doesn’t have to be now but maybe just before Christmas and into the new year start thinking about ideas). At my sixth form we started our project just before summer break of year 12 so if you have a good idea of something by January you’ll have a good head start.

- it doesn’t have to be complicated (I learnt this the hard way but it really doesn’t have to be complicated or difficult or unique). That’s not to say coming up with something cool or special is a bad idea, but half of my class pretty much, did something along the lines of a revision app or website and it didn’t matter that they were similar.

- keep documenting as you go (people forget this EVERY year). A lot of people who get a cool idea get swept up in the rush of coding and creating a really cool game or project and then forget about taking screenshots and making notes. It’s better to have a slightly not so exciting idea and get lots of documentation than a really cool game with only a few notes. It doesn’t have to be a lot but just at each stage of development I.e every time you make a noticeable change to your program, take a screenshot and make a short annotation. Honestly it will look so good at the end and it creates a document that has flow from beginning to end.

- it can look nice/pretty ( if it makes it easier or more enjoyable to make, don’t forget you are allowed to add colour - obviously don’t make it distracting or child-like but colour can help highlight certain points and break up pages of text).

I’ve run out of ideas at this moment. But I’m sure I’ll think of some more (probably in the next 10 mins :wink:)

Lmk if you have any particular questions and I hope that helps :smile:
thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending