The Student Room Group

Material Science and Engineering

Hi I am going into my second year of chemistry but I haven't enjoyed my course this year. I am considering switching to chemical engineering or material science and engineering. I don't know much about material science and eng so I was wondering if anyone studying this could give me some insight please
Original post by lilly40
Hi I am going into my second year of chemistry but I haven't enjoyed my course this year. I am considering switching to chemical engineering or material science and engineering. I don't know much about material science and eng so I was wondering if anyone studying this could give me some insight please

Materials science & engineering is a very broad field, and can encompass everything from laboratory work, to standard engineering office work, to onsite inspection. The internet will likely have lots of information, and chemistry certainly is a very relevant subject. I'm not sure what a materials engineer does across all industries, but in the energy sector they generally specify or confirm the suitability of materials for use in the required application.

Quick Reply

Latest