The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi - does anyone know if Warwick send out offers then rejections? Sent mine in on 12th oct: maths. Notice a lot of maths offers out and for applications submitted after mine. Am thinking it might be rejected but not sure if they're swift with rejections or do them after they've got enough offers out?

I haven't got an offer yet either - but I can't imagine that means we've been rejected. Probably just based on predicted grades or smth like that, starting by giving offers to the 4 A* lot then working down.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I haven't got an offer yet either - but I can't imagine that means we've been rejected. Probably just based on predicted grades or smth like that, starting by giving offers to the 4 A* lot then working down.

That makes sense - I meet criteria but had
to take year gap due to disability. So wondering if they're waiting for MAT result before deciding. Although MAT had so many issues in our college not sure how my score compares.
Anyway - good luck; hopefully we'll hear soon as rather know sooner either way.
Reply 82

That’s correct. They will make offers to the ones who have such a strong application that they will make the cut irrespective of whoever else still applies, For the rest they will need to wait until after the end of Jan equal consideration deadline before making a decision.
Hi sorry for asking such a weird question but
Does anyone know at what time of the day the universities like to send out offers?
It's always giving me the nerves having to check my email multiple times a day...
btw I received an email from Warwick asking for additional information, is that a good sign or a bad sign?
Does anyone know at what time of the day the universities like to send out offers?
It's always giving me the nerves having to check my email multiple times a day...
btw I received an email from Warwick asking for additional information, is that a good sign or a bad sign?

There is no fixed time at which universities make offers.

However, there can be a fixed time at which you check your email. There is no reason for you to be "having to check my email multiple times a day."

Check it once a day. If an email comes in after that, you'll see it the next day.

Remember it could be months before you get all your decisions back. Try not to drive yourself mad. :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
There is no fixed time at which universities make offers.

However, there can be a fixed time at which you check your email. There is no reason for you to be "having to check my email multiple times a day."

Check it once a day. If an email comes in after that, you'll see it the next day.

Remember it could be months before you get all your decisions back. Try not to drive yourself mad. :smile:

what no just turn on your notifications lmfao

additional information is neither a bad nor good sign it's probably standard for some courses or certain applicants
Reply 86

For competitive Unis like Warwick, UCL, LSE, Kings etc, especially for competitive courses at those Unis, most decisions are made after the end of Jan equal considerations deadline. Expect it to come after Jan, and if it comes in before then, it is a bonus. Don't drive yourself mad by checking emails multiple times per day.
Hello!
Does anyone have the admissions statistics of Warwick? I am deciding between Warwick and another university, but since these 2 universities are equally ranked, I guess I might just choose the one that is less competitive so I have a higher chance of getting in.

Thanks in advance!
Hey! Has anyone received an offer for Physics? I got mine last week and wandered if anybody else had heard? :smile:
Universities have until May to reply as far as I’m aware.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer

16th of May if you applied by 31st of January (https://howlongagogo.com/date/2024/may/16)
17th of July if you applied by 30th of June (https://howlongagogo.com/date/2024/July/17)

So unless it’s a KCL move where they waited until the deadline to auto-reject 2022 applicants, it’s normal if the university hasn’t given you and offer/rejection as they still have 6 months to respond.
anyone got a law offer for warwick yet?
Original post by amelia05xo
anyone got a law offer for warwick yet?

No but starting to get worried because I have seen people get offers for it :frown:
Reply 92
Warwick has never taken this long to send offers for economics.
No but starting to get worried because I have seen people get offers for it :frown:

I've applied for law too and not heard anything. Who do you know that's got an offer?
Reply 94
Original post by aak04
Warwick has never taken this long to send offers for economics.

Not sure that is correct, as if you look at last year's Warwick thread, there were still people waiting for decision for economics and law in May! I expect some offers will be issued this side of Xmas, but the majority will be after that I'm afraid. For hyper competitive course like economics and law, they need to wait until after the end-Jan equal consideration deadline before making decisions in order to adhere to the requirements for equal consideration.
Original post by lalexm
Not sure that is correct, as if you look at last year's Warwick thread, there were still people waiting for decision for economics and law in May! I expect some offers will be issued this side of Xmas, but the majority will be after that I'm afraid. For hyper competitive course like economics and law, they need to wait until after the end-Jan equal consideration deadline before making decisions in order to adhere to the requirements for equal consideration.

true but warwick has given out so many maths offers so far and i would argue maths is more competitive than economics
Original post by lee_miller7
true but warwick has given out so many maths offers so far and i would argue maths is more competitive than economics

It’s not tbh. They give out offers to most who apply for Maths, but they do not for Econ I don’t believe.
Reply 97

Maths at Warwick usually has a very high offer rate (around 90%+ some years), it's the high grade requirements that cut the numbers down. Economics is much more competitive here in terms of offer rate, probably one of the most competitive courses (although I don't have the stats to hand to back up that guess so take it as you will!).
Reply 98

I think the application to offer rate for Economics is about 30%. Not sure what it is for Maths. Similar to Cambridge, the offer rate for Maths might be higher than it would otherwise be it if was not for the STEP requirement, which means that some will sadly fall at that hurdle post offer.

Unis have until May to reply so that’s like 6 months

Quick Reply

Latest