The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Susieq55
Unconditional (three A stars in hand) for Sociology within 24 hours today 😁.

I've applied for sociology too, not heard back yet but got AAAAB at higher - high entry requirements right???
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I’ve applied for Mathematics and history and received AABBC (not the best) but I come under the widening access criteria and i’m sitting 2 advanced highers (history and mathematics) and i’m predicted AA and i’m sitting higher politics where i’m also predicted an A. I got an A in higher mathematics and history in S5. Have I got a chance of an offer as they want AAAAA by the end of S6?
Hello! Has anyone received an unconditional for sociology (and social and public policy) yet in Scotland who has applied in 5th year?
Original post by seanj8763
got an unconditional offer today for physics with astrophysics (: has anyone else heard back yet?

i got a conditional offer 2 months ago for one more B at higher!
Reply 44
Original post by Shusjssj67
i got a conditional offer 2 months ago for one more B at higher!

oooh what were your highers grades from S5, if you don't mind sharing? I'm hoping for a modern languages offer with 3 As a B and a C from S5...not sure if that's too low to get a conditional offer (studying 3 AHs in S6)...
Reply 45
Is there anyone applying to Glasgow MBBS as an international student? Has anyone heard back from the admissions team about interviews?
Is there a uni of Glasgow offer spreadsheet?
Original post by Anonymous #6
Just got an unconditional for Economics!

Could you please tell me what offer they made? Do you have contextual or standard offers? Do you live in Scotland or England?
Original post by Simoes Lima
Could you please tell me what offer they made? Do you have contextual or standard offers? Do you live in Scotland or England?

Hi, I applied for economics/politics and I just got a conditional offer back for AAB with grades in a humanity subject and maths. I'm an English student who doesn't apply for a contextual offer and I'm predicted A* A* A in history, chemistry and maths. I hope this helps! 🙂
Reply 49
.I got an unconditional for just economics, i have standard offers and I live in Scotland.
(edited 3 months ago)
Has anyone applied for a history course and received an offer yet :smile:
Original post by *JayDee*

oooh what were your highers grades from S5, if you don't mind sharing? I'm hoping for a modern languages offer with 3 As a B and a C from S5...not sure if that's too low to get a conditional offer (studying 3 AHs in S6)...

i think it totally depends on the course, i applied for Bsc Geography with AABCC Higher in s5 and predicted grades sent away to ucas for s6 were AB Higherand they then replied and asked for one B at Higher
Reply 52
Original post by Shusjssj67
i think it totally depends on the course, i applied for Bsc Geography with AABCC Higher in s5 and predicted grades sent away to ucas for s6 were AB Higherand they then replied and asked for one B at Higher

Thanks so much for sharing. Seems a conditional is possible then based on current s5 results. Thanks again for replying!!
Original post by GoSy2195
Hi, I just received an unconditional offer for a comparative literature MA and am so excited!

Congrats on your offer, could you please tell me what you studied and your grades, please
Reply 54
i want to know how is the teaching quality. It seems a small uni. Physics and mathematics. Do teachers know what they are talking about? Is the library good?
Reply 55
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Glasgow Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Glasgow.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

I'm an international student considering applying for the English Literature MA program at the University of Glasgow. The minimum entry requirements are AAB-BBB, including one humanities subject.

I believe I meet these criteria with my advanced-level subjects in Business, Economics (considered a humanities subject), and Accounting. In my AS level exams, I got 3A’s and expect a final result of A*AA.

Additionally, I got an A in English Literature at the GCSE ordinary level.

In terms of extracurriculars, I've been actively involved in Model United Nations, the student parliament, the interact club+ interact club editorial circle)t. I've also worked part-time as a video narrator and have a personal blog (I write about personal finance and self-improvement)

Since I didn’t take English Literature as an A-level subject, I'm curious about my chances of admission. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 56
Original post by siwdina
I'm an international student considering applying for the English Literature MA program at the University of Glasgow. The minimum entry requirements are AAB-BBB, including one humanities subject.

I believe I meet these criteria with my advanced-level subjects in Business, Economics (considered a humanities subject), and Accounting. In my AS level exams, I got 3A’s and expect a final result of A*AA.

In terms of extracurriculars, I've been actively involved in Model United Nations, the student parliament, the interact club+ interact club editorial circle)t. I've also worked part-time as a video narrator and have a personal blog (I write about personal finance and self-improvement)

Since I didn’t take English Literature as an A-level subject, I'm curious about my chances of admission. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You are very very likely to be accepted. The offer rate is very high especially when you exceed the requirement. You may be offered a place less in 48 hours.
Reply 57
Original post by Daesina
Original post by siwdina

You are very very likely to be accepted. The offer rate is very high especially when you exceed the requirement. You may be offered a place less in 48 hours.

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I feel a bit more confident about applying ☺️
Hi Everyone, I am Dyl. I studied my undergraduate degree in mathematics at Stirling University. I have firmly accepted my unconditional offer for Glasgow University to complete a PGDE - Mathematics (Graduates Only) course, starting in August 2024. Nice to meet you all!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous #12
Congrats on your offer, could you please tell me what you studied and your grades, please

I study Classical civilisations, English lit and History and I got all B's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending