The Student Room Group

A level Biology required practical exams

What is the required practical exams for A-level biology about?
Is it just a written exam that’s based on the required practicals you did, what the aim of the experiment was and how you carried it out step by step?
Or is it literally an hands on exam where your assessed on the actual practicals for the experiments
Just wondering, as I’m current doing biology, and I’ll be honest, I can actually set up the experiment, but I’m not the best at measuring/ calculating the variables required for the experiment, and apparently that if you don’t pass the practical exam, although it won’t alter your final grade, can still affect on whether universities will accept your application.
Original post by DannyRiches23
What is the required practical exams for A-level biology about?
Is it just a written exam that’s based on the required practicals you did, what the aim of the experiment was and how you carried it out step by step?
Or is it literally an hands on exam where your assessed on the actual practicals for the experiments
Just wondering, as I’m current doing biology, and I’ll be honest, I can actually set up the experiment, but I’m not the best at measuring/ calculating the variables required for the experiment, and apparently that if you don’t pass the practical exam, although it won’t alter your final grade, can still affect on whether universities will accept your application.

It's not a written exam (at least for UK A Levels).

Practical assessments are where you have a tutor monitor and assess you as you do your practicals.

Quick Reply

Latest