The Student Room Group

When to take the LNAT?

Hello apologies if this makes little sense.
I am probably going to apply for Oxbridge, but not for law, and thinking of applying for some other universities for law as well. I have missed the deadline to sit the LNAT on or before the 16th of October. Does this matter because the universities for law i'm considering have later application dates anyway and the results come out automatically to them? I won't know the results until much later so its not like I can put it on my application?
Essentially, if I sit the LNAT after I've put through my application will the universities that need it still see the results for this, and will sitting it later affect my application?
Sorry if this was a bit of a mess and thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Barreth
Hello apologies if this makes little sense.
I am probably going to apply for Oxbridge, but not for law, and thinking of applying for some other universities for law as well. I have missed the deadline to sit the LNAT on or before the 16th of October. Does this matter because the universities for law i'm considering have later application dates anyway and the results come out automatically to them? I won't know the results until much later so its not like I can put it on my application?
Essentially, if I sit the LNAT after I've put through my application will the universities that need it still see the results for this, and will sitting it later affect my application?
Sorry if this was a bit of a mess and thanks in advance :smile:

As far as I’m aware, if you submit your UCAS for Oxbridge by 16th October and put on it that you intend to sit the LNAT( list as exam with result pending), then when you sit your LNAT you put your UCAS number in and then the LNAT is linked to your UCAS application. So, when you sit it, the results should be visible to the unis that you are applying tofor Law. Please check to be sure but that is how I understand it
Reply 2
Original post by CAG575
As far as I’m aware, if you submit your UCAS for Oxbridge by 16th October and put on it that you intend to sit the LNAT( list as exam with result pending), then when you sit your LNAT you put your UCAS number in and then the LNAT is linked to your UCAS application. So, when you sit it, the results should be visible to the unis that you are applying tofor Law. Please check to be sure but that is how I understand it

Thank you for this =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending