The Student Room Group

What universities should i apply to for dentistry+low ucat

I want to apply for dentistry, which I know is hyper competitive, am I even able to get a solid chance at an offer with my grades?
GCSEs:9999888887 (9s in English and maths)
A level predicted s 3 A* (bio, chem and maths)
UCAT: 2600, band 2 (devastated with this, wasted a whole summer)
Should I even bother with an application, I don’t even know where to begin. (this is from my previous message but gives context)

I've looked at belfast which has a high weighing on GCSEs, unfortunately the points required is 37 (a 4 point jump from the previous year), and i am sitting at 35, can i still apply? Also i've looked at almost all the dental unis pages and their entry requirements surpass what i'ev achieved, have i missed a uni which i can apply to? Appreciate the help
Reply 1
Original post by AntonSlayer
I want to apply for dentistry, which I know is hyper competitive, am I even able to get a solid chance at an offer with my grades?
GCSEs:9999888887 (9s in English and maths)
A level predicted s 3 A* (bio, chem and maths)
UCAT: 2600, band 2 (devastated with this, wasted a whole summer)
Should I even bother with an application, I don’t even know where to begin. (this is from my previous message but gives context)

I've looked at belfast which has a high weighing on GCSEs, unfortunately the points required is 37 (a 4 point jump from the previous year), and i am sitting at 35, can i still apply? Also i've looked at almost all the dental unis pages and their entry requirements surpass what i'ev achieved, have i missed a uni which i can apply to? Appreciate the help

Have i posted this in the wrong place?
Reply 2
Hi hi!! Fellow dent applicant here~ I only just saw this !!
Try reading up on the unis you'd prefer and then posting your stats in the The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread ! :h:
I'm sure there'll be someone there better suited to answering your question, and I'm wishing you all the best~

Quick Reply

Latest