The Student Room Group

low ucat score

Im in year 13 doing chem, math and psy.
Initially, I wanted to apply for dentistry , however with my low UCAT score (2390 SJ band 3), its just not possible. Idk what to do now!
A friend of mine recommended Dental therapist and hygienist, but idk if that's what i am looking for? or there is also enhanced support dentistry programme. Does anyone know how is that different from the standart dentistry programme?
my main concern is the salary since i want to live a comfortable life in these high cost of living crises. Idk what to do or where to apply anymore since i want to stay in london. Can anbody please provide me with some insight. Thanks
Original post by AK____
Im in year 13 doing chem, math and psy.
Initially, I wanted to apply for dentistry , however with my low UCAT score (2390 SJ band 3), its just not possible. Idk what to do now!
A friend of mine recommended Dental therapist and hygienist, but idk if that's what i am looking for? or there is also enhanced support dentistry programme. Does anyone know how is that different from the standart dentistry programme?
my main concern is the salary since i want to live a comfortable life in these high cost of living crises. Idk what to do or where to apply anymore since i want to stay in london. Can anbody please provide me with some insight. Thanks

You can reapply next year and take UCAT again. It's completely fine to take a gap year and maybe try to get some experience in the field. For now, focus on getting the best A Level results that you can and don't be too disheartened. You can still go into dentistry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by spectrum84
You can reapply next year and take UCAT again. It's completely fine to take a gap year and maybe try to get some experience in the field. For now, focus on getting the best A Level results that you can and don't be too disheartened. You can still go into dentistry :smile:

Thank you but i don't really want a gap year.
Original post by spectrum84

That is completly up to you, but you should prepare a backup in case you don't get in. Dentistry is a very competitive course

Quick Reply

Latest