The Student Room Group

Anyone planning or is doing mental health nursing ?

Hello, I’m in year 13 and I have decided I want to do mental health nursing and have tried to look at many things online about the course but I feel like there isn’t enough information as I want out there so if anyone has done mental health nursing it would be good if you would let me know how the course is like and how much weeks are placements or breaks from school

also for anyone applying to 2024/25 to say what university they have decided because I’m still stuck in that as well 😭

Thank you!!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lizeeee
Hello, I’m in year 13 and I have decided I want to do mental health nursing and have tried to look at many things online about the course but I feel like there isn’t enough information as I want out there so if anyone has done mental health nursing it would be good if you would let me know how the course is like and how much weeks are placements or breaks from school

also for anyone applying to 2024/25 to say what university they have decided because I’m still stuck in that as well 😭

Thank you!!

Im second year mental health nurse, the course is good. Hard but good.
Im a mature student and been out of education for 10 years and able to keep up with it all and pass, especially some how pass anatomy and physiology with an A but only just scraped Cs at GCSE. (But thats another story)

Regarding placements each uni runs them differently but at my uni we do 2 blocks of placement a year ranging from 8 to12 weeks each, then 2 blocks of uni. Nursing isnt your "typical" uni course, we get 2 weeks off at christmas, 2 weeks at easter then 3 weeks at summer, again each uni may be different though. Though at my uni at the end of every year we have a 4 week block of retreival where if your down on hours you can make up or if you have failed any proficiencies. If you pass all your placement and complete your hours, then you essentially get these 4 weeks off, but its not garunteed.

Like i say its hard, but if found everyone on my course (my mates and the mental health group) are so supportive and we all help eachother out where we can and support each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending