The Student Room Group

BTEC IT Unit 2 January 2024 exam discussion

Just wanted to create a forum so we can discuss what we all did for this exam and discuss the questions after the exam!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unknownaspriv
Just wanted to create a forum so we can discuss what we all did for this exam and discuss the questions after the exam!

How'd it go?
Original post by seunoflasgidi

How'd it go?

It was mid it wasnt that bad but also the queries and report was off throwing
Reply 3
It was mid it wasnt that bad but also the queries and report was off throwing

What tables did u do / relationships
Original post by dddd222

Haha my minds gone blank but i used the 4 IDs that were given rose type,rose, suppliers and the last one i have forgotten
Original post by dddd222

How about you how was it what did you do for them?
Reply 6
How about you how was it what did you do for them?

where u put ur foreign keys apparently the right answer is all 3 foreign keys in roses table but it dont make sense in my opinion
Original post by dddd222

where u put ur foreign keys apparently the right answer is all 3 foreign keys in roses table but it dont make sense in my opinion

Yeah and yk for structure testing it mentioned about the rose and rose type being in the same table where it wouldn’t allow input of data if the other was wrong or something thats when i realised i messed up the erd loll
Reply 8
i put all 3 in but it didnt make sense
Original post by dddd222
i put all 3 in but it didnt make sense

Wdym put all three as in in different tables/entities or you put it all in one
Remember the foreign key moves to the many side of the erd
Reply 11
Remember the foreign key moves to the many side of the erd

Bascially the answer was : Suppliersid, RosesId, RosesTypeid, ExpertTypeId in 1 table nd link w other tables did u do that
Original post by dddd222

Bascially the answer was : Suppliersid, RosesId, RosesTypeid, ExpertTypeId in 1 table nd link w other tables did u do that

Yes but the queries and report screwed me over how did u find those? Queries b was off throwing
Reply 13
the exam didnt go well for me. i only did activity 1 and two. also supplier's id, expert id and some other ids are in the roses table [ my relationships] . i think the exam was hard[could be wrong]. i used 2019's paper as a walkthrough and also watched a lot of vids on the exam and also i completely forgot the checks [ my fault ]. maybe i was burnt out idk. had problems with the second query. i spent too much time trying to perfect my normalised table i forgot about time until it was too late. compared to this exam , the 2019 and other videos i watched on database didnt seem this hard.
Original post by Soap029
the exam didnt go well for me. i only did activity 1 and two. also supplier's id, expert id and some other ids are in the roses table [ my relationships] . i think the exam was hard[could be wrong]. i used 2019's paper as a walkthrough and also watched a lot of vids on the exam and also i completely forgot the checks [ my fault ]. maybe i was burnt out idk. had problems with the second query. i spent too much time trying to perfect my normalised table i forgot about time until it was too late. compared to this exam , the 2019 and other videos i watched on database didnt seem this hard.

I agree with you. I watched walkthroughs from 2019 to 2023 and the queries seemed logical or at least somewhat figural. Query B threw me off and the erd i spent quite some time on. You can still gain marks for tomorrow’s paper, viewing last years grade boundaries you’re well on track for merit
Reply 15
I agree with you. I watched walkthroughs from 2019 to 2023 and the queries seemed logical or at least somewhat figural. Query B threw me off and the erd i spent quite some time on. You can still gain marks for tomorrow’s paper, viewing last years grade boundaries you’re well on track for merit

not sure about that bro but thanks for the uplifting message. keep in mind i only did activity 1 and 2 [ skipped checks and a few stuff]. i think a pass is more realistic at this point. btw did u find the whole exam hard or just the queries difficult. i actually stopped at query a. no more time and also i forgot some of the commands or stuff you might need in the harder queries or smth. i was also panicking about time [ spent too much time on normalisation and activity 1 ]
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Soap029

not sure about that bro but thanks for the uplifting message. keep in mind i only did activity 1 and 2 [ skipped checks and a few stuff]. i think a pass is more realistic at this point. btw did u find the whole exam hard or just the queries difficult.

Report and queries for me was hard, entering the data in tables and assigning data types was fine as well as creating the relationships although my erd took some time. I made some silly mistakes and figured that out when testing. For reports i just simply added the names they wanted for display i nearly ran out of time. I personally need a merit but i think i’ll get a pass honestly
Reply 17
everything was hard 💀🤮
Original post by Soap029
everything was hard 💀🤮

U ready for paper B tmr? Idk anything for it i wish the exam wasn’t in the morning 😒
Reply 19
i wish the exam today was in the morning. why should the exam be by 12 noon and then end by 3pm. part B [i dont really know much but ill watch vids and go through a lot of stuff]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending