The Student Room Group

Are my gcse grades good enough for medicine at Oxbridge or ucl or Icl or Birmingham

I got a 9 in biology
8 in maths
8 in physics
8 in chemistry
7 in history
7 in geography
6 in English language
6 in English literature
5 in computer science

I moved houses in year 11 so I had to do geo and history in like 6 months but I got a decent grade do you think this would count as a Extenuating circumstances and help me get into med
Reply 1
Original post by Fffdrr
I got a 9 in biology
8 in maths
8 in physics
8 in chemistry
7 in history
7 in geography
6 in English language
6 in English literature
5 in computer science

I moved houses in year 11 so I had to do geo and history in like 6 months but I got a decent grade do you think this would count as a Extenuating circumstances and help me get into med

What does it tell you about GCSEs and requirements/scoring on the websites of these med schools?
Reply 2
Original post by Fffdrr
I got a 9 in biology
8 in maths
8 in physics
8 in chemistry
7 in history
7 in geography
6 in English language
6 in English literature
5 in computer science

This is good grades but i would say to focus for on your A levels as that is what they mostly look at .Also what do you mean by move houses , does it mean countries? thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Alm_xo
This is good grades but i would say to focus for on your A levels as that is what they mostly look at .Also what do you mean by move houses , does it mean countries? thanks.

No not countries but I changed school my new school didn’t have some of the subjects I was doing like business and imedia so had to do geo and history in the last 6 months before exams
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD
What does it tell you about GCSEs and requirements/scoring on the websites of these med schools?

I met the minimum requirements and got more then minimum for most if not all my subjects but I wanted to know if my grades are good enough for a successful application
Reply 5
Original post by Fffdrr
I met the minimum requirements and got more then minimum for most if not all my subjects but I wanted to know if my grades are good enough for a successful application

They all state how they select and most give past cut offs.
Oxford heavily score GCSES - details on their website.
Cambridge have no GCSE requirements but consider everything post interview
Imperial and UCL shortlist using BMAT and only have low minimum GCSE requirements, though that may change when they move to UCAT
Birmingham score GCSEs and past cut offs are on their website
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Fffdrr
No not countries but I changed school my new school didn’t have some of the subjects I was doing like business and imedia so had to do geo and history in the last 6 months before exams

Congratulations on achieving excellent grades! It's important to remember that being shortlisted is not solely based on GCSE scores , so don't worry. There are many other factors that are taken into consideration. Keep up the great work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending