The Student Room Group

help w year 11 pls!

im in year 11 atm and i have no knowledge of all of the gcse content. i didnt focus very much in classes which i really regret now and even when i didnt focus i was hating on myself every second of it, but even the bits that i did focus on, i just can't remember now. i dont know what to do but im very stressed and embarrassed about it. should i redo all of the gcse content and how? do you recommend any websites or videos? thank you
Reply 1
Original post by priceydoritos
im in year 11 atm and i have no knowledge of all of the gcse content. i didnt focus very much in classes which i really regret now and even when i didnt focus i was hating on myself every second of it, but even the bits that i did focus on, i just can't remember now. i dont know what to do but im very stressed and embarrassed about it. should i redo all of the gcse content and how? do you recommend any websites or videos? thank you

Hey! I am sorry to hear this!! I am a Year 12 who just finished my GCSEs.. my tips to you would be to get a tutor if possible, and do plenty of practice questions with the mark schemes. Go ask your teacher about things you are unsure about.. don't be afraid to reach out to your teachers! I would try not to worry.. you can definitely still pass and do well in your GCSEs at this stage :smile: Hope this helps a little.. If you have any more questions please do reach out!
Reply 2
Original post by Maybar
Hey! I am sorry to hear this!! I am a Year 12 who just finished my GCSEs.. my tips to you would be to get a tutor if possible, and do plenty of practice questions with the mark schemes. Go ask your teacher about things you are unsure about.. don't be afraid to reach out to your teachers! I would try not to worry.. you can definitely still pass and do well in your GCSEs at this stage :smile: Hope this helps a little.. If you have any more questions please do reach out!

thank you! i have had tutors since year 7, but they were all group classes and online so it was very easy to just do my own thing and not pay attention. so all of the money and education of it all was wasted, and im feeling very very guilty and regretful. but thank you so much for replying !! im going to try to learn all of the content with websites like cognito :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by priceydoritos
thank you! i have had tutors since year 7, but they were all group classes and online so it was very easy to just do my own thing and not pay attention. so all of the money and education of it all was wasted, and im feeling very very guilty and regretful. but thank you so much for replying !! im going to try to learn all of the content with websites like cognito :smile:

Ah I see! Well you seem really determined and have a will to improve so I am sure you will get there eventually! I recommend Physics and Maths Tutor and Free Science Lessons the youtube channel for sciences! Best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Maybar
Ah I see! Well you seem really determined and have a will to improve so I am sure you will get there eventually! I recommend Physics and Maths Tutor and Free Science Lessons the youtube channel for sciences! Best of luck to you :smile:

thank you :smile: !!

Quick Reply

Latest