The Student Room Group

bf issues w caste

hey guys so im 19 f, indian im a jatt sikh female, my boyfriend ive been w him for a year, 20 M, when i first met him also told me he was a jatt, we've been together and recently he met my parents and they like him, however, hes also jus told me hes not a jatt at all and hes a chamar, i dont have an issue w it but my parents will. i dont wanna lose him but ik they wont accept it especially since hes lied. im going to meet his mum next week but im so confused on what to do- hes met my parents i dont wanna break it off jus as soon as hes met them its legit only been 2-3 weeks since he has. im so confused pls help what do i dooooo
First off, it's cool that you're sharing your situation with us. Relationships can be tricky, but honesty is key.
It's totally understandable that you feel confused right now. If you really care about your boyfriend and see a future together, it might be best to have an open and honest talk with him about the situation. Maybe he was scared of how your parents would react, but it's essential to address the lying too. Take your time, meet his mom, and see how things go. In the end, it's about being true to yourself and finding a solution that works for both of you.:u:
Reply 2
Original post by Greekbraveheart
First off, it's cool that you're sharing your situation with us. Relationships can be tricky, but honesty is key.
It's totally understandable that you feel confused right now. If you really care about your boyfriend and see a future together, it might be best to have an open and honest talk with him about the situation. Maybe he was scared of how your parents would react, but it's essential to address the lying too. Take your time, meet his mom, and see how things go. In the end, it's about being true to yourself and finding a solution that works for both of you.:u:

i have spoke to him and we are willing to meet his mum and all, yes he was scared of how my parents will react considerin how traditional they are but im so confused i dont wanna leave him and if they find out they'll make me break up with him. im rlly conflicted
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys so im 19 f, indian im a jatt sikh female, my boyfriend ive been w him for a year, 20 M, when i first met him also told me he was a jatt, we've been together and recently he met my parents and they like him, however, hes also jus told me hes not a jatt at all and hes a chamar, i dont have an issue w it but my parents will. i dont wanna lose him but ik they wont accept it especially since hes lied. im going to meet his mum next week but im so confused on what to do- hes met my parents i dont wanna break it off jus as soon as hes met them its legit only been 2-3 weeks since he has. im so confused pls help what do i dooooo

No if, no but, only Jatt

[[ also the word 'Chamar' is considered derogatory nowadays, if I'm not wrong ]]
Reply 4
(Original post by Anonymous)No if, no but, only Jatt

[[ also the word 'Chamar' is considered derogatory nowadays, if I'm not wrong ]]

idk if it is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending