The Student Room Group

help w alevel choices pls

hey im in yr 11 and i dont know what i should pick for my alevels. i wanna be an art director in the future and im very very sure that im going to pick art for alevels, but im not so sure about what else i want. I took art for my gcses along with geography (parents picked geog for me), and i suck at geography. im thinking about taking media or like english lit or lang (ALSO now that i mention it, can someone tell me which eng would be better and more rewarding to take pls) and i wanted a fourth subject but im not really sure. i also dont get what the alevel terms are like btecs and whatever else there is.
im not too sure if i want to go into art directory too. its a job that feels like it was made for ME because im a very creative person and i can allow my visions to become real and everything AND get paid for it. so if anyone knows any high-paying art jobs that include directing, being creative, being free to work flexibly etc etc, please lmk !! also if you're an art director please give me advice on what i should do and what you do for work !! fat paragraphs i know but thank you for reading :smile:)
Original post by priceydoritos
hey im in yr 11 and i dont know what i should pick for my alevels. i wanna be an art director in the future and im very very sure that im going to pick art for alevels, but im not so sure about what else i want. I took art for my gcses along with geography (parents picked geog for me), and i suck at geography. im thinking about taking media or like english lit or lang (ALSO now that i mention it, can someone tell me which eng would be better and more rewarding to take pls) and i wanted a fourth subject but im not really sure. i also dont get what the alevel terms are like btecs and whatever else there is.
im not too sure if i want to go into art directory too. its a job that feels like it was made for ME because im a very creative person and i can allow my visions to become real and everything AND get paid for it. so if anyone knows any high-paying art jobs that include directing, being creative, being free to work flexibly etc etc, please lmk !! also if you're an art director please give me advice on what i should do and what you do for work !! fat paragraphs i know but thank you for reading :smile:)

Id look at the courses on some unis websites to see if they specify any particular subjects at a-level.
If they dont specify any in particular (i.e. they just want certain grades) then pick whichever subjects you enjoy the most and think you will get the best grades in.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Id look at the courses on some unis websites to see if they specify any particular subjects at a-level.
If they dont specify any in particular (i.e. they just want certain grades) then pick whichever subjects you enjoy the most and think you will get the best grades in.

thank you !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest