The Student Room Group

School exclusion

Can I still do my proper gcses if I get permanently excluded in year 11?
Original post by Yeeoiuvj
Can I still do my proper gcses if I get permanently excluded in year 11?

Yes you can. My sibling was excluded for much of year 11 (restricted school hours). Revised only w CGP guides, the syllabus sheet, and by doing PPQs.
Reply 2
I just received a letter from my home school talking abo it my exclusion and I’ve been to 3 schools but some how failed the manage moves and now I’m in year 11 just few months left for my exams and I’m doing my revision at home but I don’t know what to do and after my suspension on the 20th February the school will arrange a meeting
Original post by Yeeoiuvj
I just received a letter from my home school talking abo it my exclusion and I’ve been to 3 schools but some how failed the manage moves and now I’m in year 11 just few months left for my exams and I’m doing my revision at home but I don’t know what to do and after my suspension on the 20th February the school will arrange a meeting

Oh you mean sitting the exams. Can you do them as a private candidate?
Reply 4
Yes I’m aware that I can sit them privately but doesn’t the exclusion affect my sixth from
Reply 5
Yes, but it depends on what you got excluded for. For example, if you're a threat to the school, you may not be allowed to do a cooking coursework task (harming other students with the equipment). But for written exams, you most likely can still do them. They will probably do a risk assessment though.

Hope that helps. 😊
Reply 6
Original post by Zodicac
Yes, but it depends on what you got excluded for. For example, if you're a threat to the school, you may not be allowed to do a cooking coursework task (harming other students with the equipment). But for written exams, you most likely can still do them. They will probably do a risk assessment though.

Hope that helps. 😊

What happened is i got excluded from
School in year 10 and my school sent me on 3 different school on a manged move and since then the managed move wasn't working but the second manged move I was at the school for nearly a year and last year they ended my place because the head teacher didn't wanted me there so, they contacted my home school regarding of ending my placement there and try to find a me other school so, I joined the new school for 11 week a and on 12th week my friend rushed a kid I knew from gathering and I was part of it I tried to stop the fight but the school thought I was accelerating the fight by kicking the viticm so they ended my placement aswell and right now my suspension is gonna end on 20th February I'm just worried about my GCSEs and concerned about will it affect my collage?
Reply 7
You will probably be able to do your GCSE's, but you may not get into a college if your reference is bad. You could ask your school for a copy of the reference, they will probably mention your exclusions as well.

Quick Reply

Latest