The Student Room Group

What is the latest time I can make a change to my OCR Computer Science Coursework

Hi so i am in year 13 and I am doing my coursework. Idk why but for our school we start coursework in year 12. I asked my teacher about the final deadline and he asked the entire class to just submit their work even though for some people it wasnt finished and for others it can still be improved and his reasoning was "You can gain marks through your papers 1 and 2" So I just wanted to know the actual deadline for the coursework is and does anyone think I should go to the exam officer about this?
Original post by jake102:)
Hi so i am in year 13 and I am doing my coursework. Idk why but for our school we start coursework in year 12. I asked my teacher about the final deadline and he asked the entire class to just submit their work even though for some people it wasnt finished and for others it can still be improved and his reasoning was "You can gain marks through your papers 1 and 2" So I just wanted to know the actual deadline for the coursework is and does anyone think I should go to the exam officer about this?

From https://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/general-qualifications/assessment/non-exam-assessment/
‘For the following qualifications, your head of centre needs to confirm your centre has followed the regulatory requirements involving non-exam assessment (NEA), by returning the NEA centre declaration form to us by 15 May.’
However from https://ocr.org.uk/administration/support-and-tools/subject-updates/meeting-internally-assessed-deadlines-575611/
‘Submission deadline put the date in your calendar now!
Work backwards putting in milestones required to hit the deadline. Here is a suggested timeline. Remember, you can submit marks earlier than the deadline if you’re ready
4–5 weeks before deadline deadline for final submission of work from your students
3–4 weeks before hold an internal standardisation meeting to check marking accuracy and rank order of your cohort
3 weeks before share marks with candidates, allowing 2 weeks for reviews
5 days before check the candidate work is ready for submission
5 days before check the required paperwork is prepared (centre and candidate authentication, cover sheets, record forms, etc)
5 days before final internal standardisation meeting to agree marks to be submitted
2 days before aim to have everything ready and, if ready, submit
Deadline day submit marks via Interchange or via EDI your exams officer may help you with this
Mark submission + 1 sample request emailed to your exams officer
Sample request received check all submission materials to be sent in and take copies to be retained in the centre
Sample request + 3 send all requested candidates’ work to OCR’

Your school will have an earlier internal deadline for these reasons
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
From https://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/general-qualifications/assessment/non-exam-assessment/
‘For the following qualifications, your head of centre needs to confirm your centre has followed the regulatory requirements involving non-exam assessment (NEA), by returning the NEA centre declaration form to us by 15 May.’
However from https://ocr.org.uk/administration/support-and-tools/subject-updates/meeting-internally-assessed-deadlines-575611/
‘Submission deadline put the date in your calendar now!
Work backwards putting in milestones required to hit the deadline. Here is a suggested timeline. Remember, you can submit marks earlier than the deadline if you’re ready
4–5 weeks before deadline deadline for final submission of work from your students
3–4 weeks before hold an internal standardisation meeting to check marking accuracy and rank order of your cohort
3 weeks before share marks with candidates, allowing 2 weeks for reviews
5 days before check the candidate work is ready for submission
5 days before check the required paperwork is prepared (centre and candidate authentication, cover sheets, record forms, etc)
5 days before final internal standardisation meeting to agree marks to be submitted
2 days before aim to have everything ready and, if ready, submit
Deadline day submit marks via Interchange or via EDI your exams officer may help you with this
Mark submission + 1 sample request emailed to your exams officer
Sample request received check all submission materials to be sent in and take copies to be retained in the centre
Sample request + 3 send all requested candidates’ work to OCR’

Your school will have an earlier internal deadline for these reasons

should i show this to my teacher? as he is saying that it must be finished by december
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jake102:)
should i show this to my teacher? as he is saying that it must be finished by december

It's not true - most schools have a deadline in late March depending on how many students are taking the subject.

I would go to the HOY ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending