The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

Should I mention that I participated in the Immerse education essay competition in my ps? I heard many said that it's a marketing gimmick which reflects badly on ur ps if u mention abt it but my sch advisor told me that the point of me including it in my ps is js to reflect my passion for the subject and the extra reading and effort I've put in. Or should I js mention that I participated in an essay competition (like don't specify the name of the competition)
Original post by kyue
Should I mention that I participated in the Immerse education essay competition in my ps? I heard many said that it's a marketing gimmick which reflects badly on ur ps if u mention abt it but my sch advisor told me that the point of me including it in my ps is js to reflect my passion for the subject and the extra reading and effort I've put in. Or should I js mention that I participated in an essay competition (like don't specify the name of the competition)

Have you gone to the Immerse Education Summer Course? If you have, it's worth mentioning since it is a unique experience and an important factor in your development in your area and personality.
If you haven't, you should say that you participated in that kind of competition. However, I believe that you should bring this up to your advisor, that will probably have the most experience in that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending