The Student Room Group

Work experience in the activities section

Hi can you put work experience in the activities section on UCAS. I'm struggling to fit it in the statement part.
Original post by Infrastructures
Hi can you put work experience in the activities section on UCAS. I'm struggling to fit it in the statement part.

(The activities in prepapration bit is for uni programmes only)

Is the work experience directly relevant to the course?

If not, just list it in the employment section of the UCAS form. Unis don't care about tenuously linking soft skills to academic study.
Yes it's linked to my course. So I can add it the employment part ? But it was payed. It was work experience ? Would this be ok?
Sorry I don't get payed for it. I was meant to say
Original post by Infrastructures
Sorry I don't get payed for it. I was meant to say

If it was an unpaid placement that was related to the subject you're applying to then you should discuss in in your PS.

It shouldn't go in Work Exp or Activities in Preparation sections, (work exp especially, as it's ignored in 99% of cases).

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

"Complete your employment history
If you've had any paid jobs full-time or part-time here's where you can enter details for up to five of them. Include company names, addresses, job descriptions, and start/finish dates.

Any unpaid or voluntary work shouldn’t be included here mention that in your personal statement. If you’ve not had any paid work experience, just leave this section blank, and mark it as complete."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending