The Student Room Group

Recognition of prior learning (rpl)

Hi! I need to submit an RPL for an MSC Adult Nursing. Can anyone help me as to how to go about it? Where can I get resources ?
Original post by Studymate
Hi! I need to submit an RPL for an MSC Adult Nursing. Can anyone help me as to how to go about it? Where can I get resources ?

There are 'No resources'. RPL is recognition of prior learning. So if you already hold Nursing qualifications and / or have practical work experience, you submit the evidence of that.
Example from Coventry University is;
Applicants for the MSc in Adult Nursing blended learning should ideally hold an honours degree of 2:2 or above in a health-related study.

However, applications with other degrees and relevant care experience will also be considered on an individual basis.

You will also need to demonstrate 460 hours of providing care which would qualify as practice hours by the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Care encompasses meeting the physiological and psychosocial needs of the physically ill, mentally ill, and disabled people of all ages, in all healthcare and other community settings. It includes activities such as washing, dressing, feeding or toileting of an individual, as well as nursing intervention procedures. This must have been achieved in the UK in a formal workplace environment in either a paid or voluntary role within the last three years. (See exemptions in the overview section.)

You will also require GCSE Grade 4/C or above in English and Maths.
Reply 2
Thanks bamtutor,
I asked for resources because it is required to include existing literature in the writing, though it's your own experience, they need some references from existing literature too.
Reply 3
Where is the overview pls
Original post by Studymate
Where is the overview pls

The course overview page. The example I gave was from Coventry University MSc Nursing page at; https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/hls/nursing-msc/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending