The Student Room Group

Is extra activities important on ucas?

This^^^
It depends if the extra activities are directly relevant to the degree you wish to pursue, and demonstrate skills, knowledge & an active interest in the field you are pursuing - they can be useful.

In general arbitrary hobbies are not important, and of little benefit with regards to university admissions.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
It depends if the extra activities are directly relevant to the degree you wish to pursue, and demonstrate skills, knowledge & an active interest in the field you are pursuing - they can be useful.

In general arbitrary hobbies are not important, and of little benefit with regards to university admissions.

But what is the point of filling this out when I have written about extra activities in my personal statement?
Original post by Anyazz
But what is the point of filling this out when I have written about extra activities in my personal statement?

Some people do relevant extracurricular activities, hobbies & activities you include in your PS &/or on your UCAS application will likely only benefit your application if they are relevant to the degree. They include information so applicants can detail things which may be of interest.

The UCAS application is deliberately designed to be used by all applicants whom come from a wide range of backgrounds & experiences.
Original post by Anyazz

You’re probably talking about the “additional activities in preparation” section. It’s not really that important. It’s for official uni programmes, not random activities or extra curriculars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending