The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

How good is the University of Nottingham’s career support?

I have seen on the University of Nottingham’s website and prospectus that they provide CV workshops and they give you career advice and help with mock interviews which really appeals to me. I know the student union also helps with securing part time employment while in university if needed. Does anyone have any personal experience with their careers team? I know their teaching is excellent and rated as gold.
Also, i am aware of the many societies and there a lot of careers based societies from what I have seen on their student union websitee.
Reply 1
I had a great experience with my careers team at my Uni.

You should get in there :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JVM2020
I had a great experience with my careers team at my Uni.

You should get in there :smile:

Thanks for your response :smile:
In what way did the university career team help you? And were they quick in responding to you as a friend of mine told me her uni career’s team has taken almost 3 months to get back to her.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your response :smile:
In what way did the university career team help you? And were they quick in responding to you as a friend of mine told me her uni career’s team has taken almost 3 months to get back to her.

They arranged 1-1 meetings with me and were quick in responding.

They taught me answers on how to pass some questions in interviews and also gave me tips on handling my CV. It didn't take too long for me. I spoke to them directly after graduating :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by JVM2020
They arranged 1-1 meetings with me and were quick in responding.

They taught me answers on how to pass some questions in interviews and also gave me tips on handling my CV. It didn't take too long for me. I spoke to them directly after graduating :smile:

That sounds great! :smile: did they give you career support throughout your time at your uni or did you just seek it out after graduating?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
That sounds great! :smile: did they give you career support throughout your time at your uni or did you just seek it out after graduating?

I sought it out after I graduated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending