The Student Room Group

Limitations of UK MSci degree in PhD applications in mainland europe

Hello everyone,This is my first time posting here, so apologies in advance for not knowing how this works. I am a 4th year Chemistry MSci student in a UK university (integrated master, 3+1 bachelor + masters) and currently am looking at possible locations for a PhD in computational chemistry. I would like to return to Europe after graduation, but if anyone here studied an integrated masters in the UK, they'll know that a lot of european universties won't accept the integrated masters as a full BSc + MSc due to a lack of ECTS credits, and ask you to do another masters degree. The problem is, some don't care, but it isn't explicitly stated anywhere. Does anyone know of any institutions/countries that accept this type of qualification? If you don't know how to help in that regard, do you know of any good institutions/groups in mainland europe for computational chemistry? I am most experienced in organometallic catalysis and organic synthesis predictions using gaussian, but my masters projects now relates more to the molecular dynamics of photoexcited molecules beyond the born-oppenheimer approximation, and applying new methods that pertain to the time dependent schrödinger equation.Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending