The Student Room Group

HELP!! 99 days left till my 1st exam and I dont know what to do ???!

Hi , I got my first exam in about 99 days for A levels this summer. I do OCR A biology and chemistry with eduqas religious studies. I been struggling with procrastination and having the discipline to put the effort in . While I am revising because I have my final mocks next week I can't help that I'm not putting enough time in or I'm to behind on the work that I should be doing at this stage of revision . My plan is :
MARCH- learn the content . Even though I have notes and flashcards for biology and chemistry I don't understand the content in depth at all plus this means identifying my weak topics and solely focusing on getting better at my weak points. However, I will also attempt past papers and exam questions on the side to make sure Im getting better .
APRIL- to memroise and use active recall to make sure I remember the content. This will be my main focus but I would also want to do past papers from different specifications at the end of April
MAY- perfect exam technique and do as much exam questions I can find and work on time management. Also repeating past papers .
Does anyone have any advice of a good revision plan to follow for these 3 months or is this okay ? Will this plan get me grade A or above or no and am I leaving it last minute ? Plus does anyone have suggestions on how much I should repeat past papers and any exam practise resources to get exam questions for OCR A bio and chem other than PMT?
Thanks
Original post by Melissa6789#
Hi , I got my first exam in about 99 days for A levels this summer. I do OCR A biology and chemistry with eduqas religious studies. I been struggling with procrastination and having the discipline to put the effort in . While I am revising because I have my final mocks next week I can't help that I'm not putting enough time in or I'm to behind on the work that I should be doing at this stage of revision . My plan is :
MARCH- learn the content . Even though I have notes and flashcards for biology and chemistry I don't understand the content in depth at all plus this means identifying my weak topics and solely focusing on getting better at my weak points. However, I will also attempt past papers and exam questions on the side to make sure Im getting better .
APRIL- to memroise and use active recall to make sure I remember the content. This will be my main focus but I would also want to do past papers from different specifications at the end of April
MAY- perfect exam technique and do as much exam questions I can find and work on time management. Also repeating past papers .
Does anyone have any advice of a good revision plan to follow for these 3 months or is this okay ? Will this plan get me grade A or above or no and am I leaving it last minute ? Plus does anyone have suggestions on how much I should repeat past papers and any exam practise resources to get exam questions for OCR A bio and chem other than PMT?
Thanks
Hey! I have ADHD and Autism so I COMPLETELY understand struggling with procrastination, I think this plan looks good, I think you should add answering one exam question from each alevel a week, just to get ahead, this is what I do and it works well 🙂 Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by rowan_willow
Hey! I have ADHD and Autism so I COMPLETELY understand struggling with procrastination, I think this plan looks good, I think you should add answering one exam question from each alevel a week, just to get ahead, this is what I do and it works well 🙂 Good luck!
Thank you so much for the advice and good luck to you !!! So to complete a topic exam question from each of my subject a week right ?
Original post by Melissa6789#
Thank you so much for the advice and good luck to you !!! So to complete a topic exam question from each of my subject a week right ?
That is what I would suggest yes, on top of your plan I am however, a humanities student but from all my STEM friends, doing past paper question little and often really helps
Original post by rowan_willow
That is what I would suggest yes, on top of your plan I am however, a humanities student but from all my STEM friends, doing past paper question little and often really helps
Thank you and good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest