The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey,
I would recommend working through the past papers and checking your working (+answers) with the worked solutions. You can go to the Cambridge website where you have access to past papers, the spec, and worked solutions. I think that the most important and effective way of prep would be doing timed past paper questions, as they develop your time management and are good practice for the actual test, as you are doing questions of similar difficulty.

As long as you are studying and practising every day, then I think you'll be fine.

https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/test-of-mathematics-for-university-admission/preparation/
Reply 2
Hi!
Me too! I'm applying for compsci at pembroke (i think)
I've started my practice by reading the extended specification, notes on logic and proof, and it's very helpful :smile:
ngl i've been focusing mostly on my personal statement but I really should be doing more TMUA practice
Original post by emkelt
Hi!
Me too! I'm applying for compsci at pembroke (i think)
I've started my practice by reading the extended specification, notes on logic and proof, and it's very helpful :smile:
ngl i've been focusing mostly on my personal statement but I really should be doing more TMUA practice

hey! you're in year 12 too? are u an early applicant? thanks for the tips!
Reply 4
Original post by moonflower321
hey! you're in year 12 too? are u an early applicant? thanks for the tips!

yes!! ( i think so at least... i'm scottish so i'm S5, going into the final year S6 in autumn)
best of luck with your application!!
Reply 5
hey im currently in year 12 and i would like to know if the books you have linked are useful. Or if you know any other resources that is useful for the TMUA exam
Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by bl3ss-ng
hey im currently in year 12 and i would like to know if the books you have linked are useful. Or if you know any other resources that is useful for the TMUA exam
Thanks!

i got the second book and it was helpful for explaining the spec, and there were a lot of questions, but a lot of the questions were easy compared to TMUA and there wasnt much P2 things. it's still good though!! the best help for me was R2Drew2 on youtube
(i got an offer for context)
Original post by bl3ss-ng
Thanks!

hey! yup they were rlly useful for me but you should definitely check out other resources and websites as well for extra past papers/ questions. I'd say the most important thing is to start early and do as many past papers as you can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest