The Student Room Group

is physics at university hard

I'm currently in year 13 studying math's, further math and geography but planning to do a foundation year in physics at university. the good thing is, the mechanics side of physics i enjoy and already know a lot due to Further math, its only the other topics like electricity and more i need to learn. so my question is would it be difficult and stressful for me at university as i don't study the level?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by iloveranpo
I'm currently in year 13 studying math's, further math and geography but planning to do a foundation year in physics at university. the good thing is, the mechanics side of physics i enjoy and already know a lot due to Further math, its only the other topics like electricity and more i need to learn. so my question is would it be difficult and stressful for me at university as i don't study the level?

The job of a foundation year is to fill in the gaps needed to make a good start on a degree, if you like physics and have a solid maths skill set then learning the new stuff should be fun, not stressful. A degree will cover a lot more new material than A levels BTW, that's the joy of studying at university. Alternatively, if you don't like the foundation year, it's probably a good sign that a degree in the subject is not for you.

Quick Reply

Latest