The Student Room Group

Advice

I hate university so much. I hate the lessons and I cannot keep up at all. The job I want to do I have just realised there's no point doing it because it's going
to 10 years training and LOADS of debt and I am struggling with the basics of the subject, and to keep up. So I have thought about it and I want to end my university time. Instead I have my heart set on an apprenticeship and personally feel like if I just an apprenticeship I might actually enjoy it better because I hated school and I don't know why I thought I could keep up at university. What should I do. I want to do either health and social care or something else. Any advice please?
(edited 6 months ago)
If you are still enrolled at university, I would speak to your supervisors/tutors as well as the career councillors as even if you want to leave the uni, they can still give good advice on your next steps and maybe even the best apprenticeships for what you want to do.
Original post by Bwilson4
I hate university so much. I hate the lessons and I cannot keep up at all. The job I want to do I have just realised there's no point doing it because it's going
to 10 years training and LOADS of debt and I am struggling with the basics of the subject, and to keep up. So I have thought about it and I want to end my university time. Instead I have my heart set on an apprenticeship and personally feel like if I just an apprenticeship I might actually enjoy it better because I hated school and I don't know why I thought I could keep up at university. What should I do. I want to do either health and social care or something else. Any advice please?

Hi there,

Apprenticeship might be a better option for you because it is nothing like school. Sounds like working would be good for you. There are some health and social care apprenticeships out there for you to look at.

However I would warn you that if you are struggling with the workload at university, an apprenticeship might be just as bad because you have to do all the university work AND work a full time job.

My advice to you would be to apply to degree apprenticeships this year. If you get offers, you don't have to say yes. It just gives you the choice to make between continuing university and starting an apprenticeship. Whereas at the moment you don't have any choice to start an apprenticeship because you have no offers. So get some offers so that the choice is in your hand.

Hope that helps. Any questions let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending