The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What are my chances for getting into lse...

Im a resit student (ik they care about that) also my gcses were 777766666 (im a covid year and i didn't know i could appeal them)
But I feel like my experiences and my personal statement is very strong. But I'm not stupid i do know my grades will be a heavy factor, but I'm looking to see if anyone with worse/same grades as me has ever gotten in or if anyone who was like all 9s triple A* hasn't got in. Just so I can gauge the chances of my success as I don't want to waste a uni option space. But I do really want to go there...
You need to provide a lot more info for people to be able to make a judgement.

What course are you applying for? What A-levels are you taking? What did you get in your A-levels the first time round? What are you predicted now? What ‘experiences’ are you talking about?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
You need to provide a lot more info for people to be able to make a judgement.

What course are you applying for? What A-levels are you taking? What did you get in your A-levels the first time round? What are you predicted now? What ‘experiences’ are you talking about?

Accounting and finace
I got BCD first time around
I've won accounting competitions
Participated in alot
Did an internship at jp morgan
Original post by Katy_whisper
Accounting and finace
Participated in alot

What are your current predictions and what is their typical offer for ACCYFIN?
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
What are your current predictions and what is their typical for ACCYFIN?

I'm predicted AAB D*
I think their course is AAA but I am eligible for contextual offer
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
What are your current predictions and what is their typical offer for ACCYFIN?

Hi, i am looking to apply to kings for economics which requires A*AA. My predicted grades are AAA for maths econ and bio. Do you think its worth it to apply or not?
Accounting and finace
Participated in alot

what was the internship called and when was it? I might have been there too.
Reply 7
Original post by jobajojoba
what was the internship called and when was it? I might have been there too.

App programme
Accounting and finace
Participated in alot

Honestly, your chances are probably extremely low. You don’t meet the GCSE requirements (majority at A/7 and A*/8/9). You are resitting your A-levels, which LSE doesn’t like, having achieved far below the grades they require on your first attempt.

It’s only one of five choices, so if it’s your dream university, you might as well give it a go, but I wouldn’t be placing all your hopes on it.

Also, the fact that you’ve done a JP Morgan internship means very little in and of itself. There are probably loads of applicants with similar experiences to you who have a much stronger academic profile and meet all the entry requirements.

In your PS, you need to be able to articulate clearly in your what you learnt during the internship, what most interested you, how you’ve built on that knowledge since etc.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending