The Student Room Group

A-Level Psychology - Comparing Approaches Tips AQA

Hello! Does anyone have any good tips for studying to compare the approaches for AQA A-Level Psychology? I am in year 12 and am studying for an upcoming Approaches assessment. Any tips or advice would be appreciated - thanks! :biggrin:
Hi, I hope the start to your A-levels are going well. When I was doing my A-level psychology, I found it best to create flashcards on each approach but split each approach into two categories: my AO1 (the concept) and then the AO3 (the evaluation). I tried to memorise as many of them as I could but if I knew they type of question we had (the amount of marks per question e.g., 8 marks or 16, etc), this would influence how many AO3 I memorised. The website 'Simply Psychology' was also helpful for me. I also think that it is a good idea to know the mark scheme, specifically the marking criteria for the grade I was aiming for as this also determined how much I needed to know and where to focus. I hope the helps.
Reply 2
Original post by SineadH0312
Hi, I hope the start to your A-levels are going well. When I was doing my A-level psychology, I found it best to create flashcards on each approach but split each approach into two categories: my AO1 (the concept) and then the AO3 (the evaluation). I tried to memorise as many of them as I could but if I knew they type of question we had (the amount of marks per question e.g., 8 marks or 16, etc), this would influence how many AO3 I memorised. The website 'Simply Psychology' was also helpful for me. I also think that it is a good idea to know the mark scheme, specifically the marking criteria for the grade I was aiming for as this also determined how much I needed to know and where to focus. I hope the helps.

Hello! A levels are going well so far :smile: Thank you so much :biggrin: This is super helpful. I will create some flashcards and look over mark schemes. I appreciate your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending