The Student Room Group

Psychology textbook aqa

im currently doing Psychology Alevel as i had to switch courses within a month of doing RE im very confused and its been 4 months ?? on my most recent test on approaches i got a C but on the other topic idk i got a U......
if anyone can recommend some good aqa text books or any revison tips like videos and websites i woulddd realllllly appreciate it pls save :}
Reply 1
Original post by Uknownpanda
im currently doing Psychology Alevel as i had to switch courses within a month of doing RE im very confused and its been 4 months ?? on my most recent test on approaches i got a C but on the other topic idk i got a U......
if anyone can recommend some good aqa text books or any revison tips like videos and websites i woulddd realllllly appreciate it pls save :}

My teacher has recommended the green hair girl textbook but while using it in lesson i just dont find it helfull theres too much info and doesnt link any of its statements to the topic .
My teacher has recommended the green hair girl textbook but while using it in lesson i just dont find it helfull theres too much info and doesnt link any of its statements to the topic .

if you are talking about the illuminate publishing book, i also use that and i do find it helpful especially the summary section! but there are also the cgp books that you might like :biggrin:

Hi @Uknownpanda ,

I am a final year undergrad psychology student (just to give a bit of context) and when I did A-level Psychology I lived by this website:https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/db5cd155-3f4b-40cb-a9f9-8c314f118345/section/6603b73e-8eb6-4625-963a-0bc912323852/session.

You can create a free profile and it breaks everything down in an understandable way.

I also used the 'green hair girl' book too for my classes and I found it most useful when I used it to find questions to practice. I used to be very worried about the 16 mark questions in the exam so I would either 1. plan an essay based on the questions in the corner of the pages or 2. actually write an example paragraph of what I would put in that essay and get my teachers feedback.

I found this very very helpful. I wasn't a fan of flashcards but if you are, there will be a lot of free ones others have made on quizlet. I do find though that making my own revision materials is revision in itself and I remember the content more. With the free flashcards others have made on sites like quizlet just ensure that they cover what you need to know.

Finally, if you get a specification from your teachers I would highly suggest making sure you cover things from that as that is what they expect you to know by the end of the course.

I hope this helped and have a happy holiday!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending