The Student Room Group

psychology a level aqa

I've just begun psychology a level and i am already struggling on writing a cognitive approach (outline and evaluate...) essay 16 marks. any tips?
Original post by trite-perfidy
I've just begun psychology a level and i am already struggling on writing a cognitive approach (outline and evaluate...) essay 16 marks. any tips?

So: Outline and evaluate the cognitive approach (16 marks)

Para 1: (AO1) Explain what the cognitive approach is.

*Para 2: (AO2) Application to stem (if there is one, E.g. apply the cognitive approach to the scenario)

Para 3(AO3): Evaluate the cognitive approach using PEEL
Make a point (one limitation/strength of the cognitive approach is…)
Explain your point (what is it, I.e it’s scientific)
Evidence (give evidence of your point, e.g. brain scans)
Link This is a limitation/strength because…

Para 4: Repeat PEEL
Para 5: Repeat PEEL

Don’t need intro or conclusion. If you’re using the illuminate textbook, AO1 is on the left hand side, AO3 on the right. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by trite-perfidy

General tips:

Print out the specification and make sure you have gone through all the topics.

Knowing your evals are important as they make up 10 marks in your 16 marker essays. It's okay if you can't remember all the researcher's names. As long as you know the main ones for the AO1!

I got an A* using the blurting technique and spaced repetition (this is key for long-term memory!!)

Check out this store if you need any notes/template and specification checklists!https://studychicboutique.etsy.com

All the best, you can do this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending