The Student Room Group

applying to university as a private candidate after resitting

i've filled in all the details for my application and all that's left now is to provide a reference. i have a chemistry online tutor who has provided a reference for me but im sitting my exams with a private centre. they said they would provide predicted grades for me but i phoned them up today and asked them for the buzzword and they said they don't have one. will they still be able to add predicted grades, i've added my subjects as 'pending' in the education part of the application but don't you have to add a buzzword for the exam centre to change the grades from pending to my predicted grades? any help would be appreciated, i feel like i'm going to end up submitting my application and they won't be able to change my grades, they said they will be able to but i don't trust them and wanted a second opinion
Original post by gakpo
i've filled in all the details for my application and all that's left now is to provide a reference. i have a chemistry online tutor who has provided a reference for me but im sitting my exams with a private centre. they said they would provide predicted grades for me but i phoned them up today and asked them for the buzzword and they said they don't have one. will they still be able to add predicted grades, i've added my subjects as 'pending' in the education part of the application but don't you have to add a buzzword for the exam centre to change the grades from pending to my predicted grades? any help would be appreciated, i feel like i'm going to end up submitting my application and they won't be able to change my grades, they said they will be able to but i don't trust them and wanted a second opinion

The predicted grades are part of your reference.

You need to coordinate to either get your tutor to send your reference wording to your exam centre (so they can add it along with the predicted grades) or for your centre to send your predicted grades to your tutor so they can add the predicted grades (and explain in the written reference that they have been provided by your centre)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending