The Student Room Group

Urgent and important my visa will expirer soon

HI
I applied for a PhD and I got an offer I am now in Uk but I have a problem my visa will expire in the middle of November and my course will start in January I have more than 28 days between the start date and the last day of my visa, what I can do for this problem I want to change my visa from Uk I need to extend my visa 6 weeks, and I wait also to ATAS please can anyone help me
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by maysalreem
HI
I applied for a PhD and I got an offer I am now in Uk but I have a problem my visa will expire in the middle of November and my course will start in January I have more than 28 days between the start date and the last day of my visa, what I can do for this problem I want to change my visa from Uk I need to extend my visa 6 weeks, and I wait also to ATAS please can anyone help me

I would contact the visa/immigration team at your incoming uni to see if there's anything you can do to avoid returning home to make your new visa application.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
I would contact the visa/immigration team at your incoming uni to see if there's anything you can do to avoid returning home to make your new visa application.

I asked them and no reply, how I can extend my visa?? If you have any email for the home office or immigration team?
I asked them and no reply, how I can extend my visa?? If you have any email for the home office or immigration team?

Do they have a phone number or livechat? If there is an international team at the uni they might be able to put you in touch with someone.

I don't have any contact details I'm afraid.
Reply 4
HI

Hi,

As far as I know you cannot extend your visa in the UK according to your dates. I have been told that I cannot extend it to fill a gap between two courses when you have completed one course and the other course starts more than 28 days after your visa expiring (if you are in the UK under a student visa)

Which visa do you have now?

Quick Reply

Latest