Rejected by Kings

Applied for PPE, just got rejected. Thought I’d let you guys know

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know why ?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Sorry to read this - fingers crossed you get snapped up and offers from your other applications.
Reply 3
Original post by Kumar2005
Do you know why ?

It was quite broad. They said my application was not as strong as others. And to be honest, my personal statement didn’t have any politics in it, just PE.
Reply 4
Original post by thirdtimebuyer
Sorry to read this - fingers crossed you get snapped up and offers from your other applications.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It was quite broad. They said my application was not as strong as others. And to be honest, my personal statement didn’t have any politics in it, just PE.

That’s such a shame . Do you do A level politics ? If so, then you have a very keen interest . I suppose it all depends on your predicted grades .
Reply 6
Original post by Kumar2005
That’s such a shame . Do you do A level politics ? If so, then you have a very keen interest . I suppose it all depends on your predicted grades .

I did do A level politics. My predicted was A*A*A and an A in EPQ
Reply 7
I did do A level politics. My predicted was A*A*A and an A in EPQ

That’s surprising that you didn’t get an offer . They don’t look at EPQs but with those predictions I’m surprised they didn’t offer . Hopefully you will get somewhere else
Reply 8

Hi, which A-level subjects did you do?
When did you apply and how long did it take for them to respond?

Sorry about this, hopefully you will get offers from your other choices. I believe at the end of it all you will be glad and thank God they rejected you. It might even be after you have graduated from the uni you will eventually go to and gotten a job.
Reply 11
Original post by Riann246
Hi, which A-level subjects did you do?

I did Politics, Maths and Philosophy, predicted A*A*A, and my GCSEs were all 9s bar one 8.
Reply 12
When did you apply and how long did it take for them to respond?

Applied 2nd October and was rejected on the 23rd.
Reply 13
Sorry about this, hopefully you will get offers from your other choices. I believe at the end of it all you will be glad and thank God they rejected you. It might even be after you have graduated from the uni you will eventually go to and gotten a job.

Thank you, I do believe everything happens for a reason, so I'm just trusting God and praying I get into my first/second choice.
I did Politics, Maths and Philosophy, predicted A*A*A, and my GCSEs were all 9s bar one 8.

From those stats it seems extremely weird that they'd reject you?! Kings does use the PS so it might just be a case of your aspirations from the PS not matching up with their course. Super random imo but have faith in the fact that stats wise, you're golden! Was Kings a safety for you?
Reply 15
From those stats it seems extremely weird that they'd reject you?! Kings does use the PS so it might just be a case of your aspirations from the PS not matching up with their course. Super random imo but have faith in the fact that stats wise, you're golden! Was Kings a safety for you?

Thanks haha! Yes it was some sort of safety I guess. As I want to do Philosophy and Economics, my personal statement was very much tailored to just PE. And as it is assessed by the political economy department, I think it was down to the PS. I was quite disappointed in my teachers references though, they were so average.
Thank you, I do believe everything happens for a reason, so I'm just trusting God and praying I get into my first/second choice.

Yes. With God all things are possible. I believe He will put you in the best Uni for you and there you will meet the right people and get the best opportunities that will help you to excel.
Reply 17
Thank you, I needed that. Are you muslim by the way?
Yes. With God all things are possible. I believe He will put you in the best Uni for you and there you will meet the right people and get the best opportunities that will help you to excel.
Thank you, I needed that. Are you muslim by the way?

I am a Christian.
Reply 19
Ah cool, are you also applying this year? Hope it all goes well for you!
I am a Christian.

Quick Reply

Latest