The Student Room Group

Flash card app for iOS. Simple free to use(maths)?

Can any students recommend a decent flash card app for A level maths aqa. Something that offers the spaced repetition studying and where you can use your phone to write in the formulas etc.

Or, just some decent recommendations?

Thanks
Hi,

There are a lot of options out there you could try out. You could try using Quizlet and Anki for A-Level revision. The perks of those are that you could use already existing flashcard sets made by other users (students in same position as yourself), and that there were multiple ways to then study those flashcards: memorising, matching, quizzes, etc. I think they both also have a "study plan" option that will allow you to set up spaced repetition reminders.

Give those a try, and if they don't suit you, there are plenty of more options available!
Also, a tip: sometimes it's easier to remember a formula by applying it rather than memorising :smile:

Hope this helps!
Polina (LU Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

There are a lot of options out there you could try out. You could try using Quizlet and Anki for A-Level revision. The perks of those are that you could use already existing flashcard sets made by other users (students in same position as yourself), and that there were multiple ways to then study those flashcards: memorising, matching, quizzes, etc. I think they both also have a "study plan" option that will allow you to set up spaced repetition reminders.

Give those a try, and if they don't suit you, there are plenty of more options available!
Also, a tip: sometimes it's easier to remember a formula by applying it rather than memorising :smile:

Hope this helps!
Polina (LU Student Ambassador)

Thanks for the recommendation. I agree, using the formula in many questions certainly works like a muscle memory in the pattern your hand takes. Also, I tend to take mental pictures with my eyes. This helps me realise when something doesn’t quite look right
Yeah, the mental image thing really works once you get used to the formula/method, I relied on it a lot too. Also consistency is very important, so with your idea of spaced repetition you're definitely on the right track :smile:
(Also make sure you know what is on the formula sheet, so that you don't worry about learning more than you need to).
Good luck!
Polina
Original post by KingRich
Can any students recommend a decent flash card app for A level maths aqa. Something that offers the spaced repetition studying and where you can use your phone to write in the formulas etc.

Or, just some decent recommendations?

Thanks

Flashcards and maths don't go well together - focus on practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending