The Student Room Group

Study in London or not?

Hi! I am interested to study a Business Management degree in London probably in Kingston or Royal Holloway. I heard there are more opportunity down in London compared to the North West which is where I am from for business. Just wanted to know if this is true as I don't know if I am ready for the 4 hour move away but don't want to limit my options thanks
Original post by mimi1386
Hi! I am interested to study a Business Management degree in London probably in Kingston or Royal Holloway. I heard there are more opportunity down in London compared to the North West which is where I am from for business. Just wanted to know if this is true as I don't know if I am ready for the 4 hour move away but don't want to limit my options thanks

What sort of "opportunity" are you referring to? Jobs upon graduation? Part-time jobs whilst studying? Internships? Placement years? Something else?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
What sort of "opportunity" are you referring to? Jobs upon graduation? Part-time jobs whilst studying? Internships? Placement years? Something else?

Hello! Thanks for your response, by opportunity I mean in the environment and jobs whilst studying. As if I study up North there aren't any major businesses to work with or be surrounded by. Hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask for any further questions, much appreciated.
Original post by mimi1386
Hello! Thanks for your response, by opportunity I mean in the environment and jobs whilst studying. As if I study up North there aren't any major businesses to work with or be surrounded by. Hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask for any further questions, much appreciated.

Well, there are certainly more companies in and around London, so there will likely be more job opportunities too. As for "the environment", do you mean culture, social life, etc.? There's likely to be more of that in London too.

However, selecting a university is all about the university and course as a whole. If being so far away from home is going to make things tricky (e.g. getting home every now and again) then you need to balance that against what you might gain from being in London.

Only you can decide how these characteristics weigh against each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending