The Student Room Group

apply to cabin crew - help me

hi, i have been working at mc donalds for almost 3 years in december and i think it’s about time i leave. i have had manual driving lessons but switching to auto and will hopefully get my license by next spring. i don’t think i can wait so long as my bf is at uni and im so bored now i need something different… if i live about 56 mins from stansted (drive) and luton is about 43 min (drive), does ryannair or easy jet cover transport to get there if you have no car?
is it even sensible to apply if you can’t drive? could trains be a good option?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hi, i have been working at mc donalds for almost 3 years in december and i think it’s about time i leave. i have had manual driving lessons but switching to auto and will hopefully get my license by next spring. i don’t think i can wait so long as my bf is at uni and im so bored now i need something different… if i live about 56 mins from stansted (drive) and luton is about 43 min (drive), does ryannair or easy jet cover transport to get there if you have no car?
is it even sensible to apply if you can’t drive? could trains be a good option?

I don't know of any employer that would pay for you to get to work -- the expectation is normally that you have your own way to get there and back and pay for that out of your own pocket.

The only exception I can think of, for most employees, would be if you had to work unusually early or late such that your usual means of transport wasn't available -- for example if your employer needed you to work late on a one-off basis and you travel by bus, the employer might pay for a taxi if the bus service stopped before you finished work.

For a role in cabin crew I'd expect you'd end up working all sorts of different hours, starting early some days and finishing late on others. It's not the sort of job where you'd want to be tied to use public transport, I wouldn't think.
Reply 2
Before thinking about bases to work from, have you looked at the requirements for the role, like reach, swimming, health? What would you do about travelling to attend a training course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending