The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi I’m currently doing my EPQ atm but I’m finding it difficult to actually write the main body of my essay. I have no problem with my intro but I’m unsure abt how to structure the main part of it and if there are any paragraph structures that will help (like PEE paragraphs)
Original post by bib9019
Hi I’m currently doing my EPQ atm but I’m finding it difficult to actually write the main body of my essay. I have no problem with my intro but I’m unsure abt how to structure the main part of it and if there are any paragraph structures that will help (like PEE paragraphs)

Hey have you thought about breaking your main body into subsections? What I did was I started of with a general overview of what the subsection was going to be about. This could be a brief history, defining key words, explaining the main mechanisms/processes involved etc. Then I got into the details of the subsection topic and placed some arguments for and against it (limitations, benefits, improvements). I then linked the subsection summary to my essay question and why it was relevant to explore this topic. I would then end with hinting how the next subtopic would be as relevant to your question and how it works hand in hand with your current subsection. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest