The Student Room Group

Mental

I suffer from depression
Anyone got any tips to help?
Reply 1
When I feel down I listen to great music I find uplifting, meditate, jog around in my room butt-ass naked, or jump into the shower, alternative between hot and cold water. One - or all of these combined - usually sorts me out. Go on, give it a go.
Original post by Anonymous
I suffer from depression
Anyone got any tips to help?

I suffer from it myself and recommend maintaining a schedule. It doesn't have to be forced or pitch perfect, honestly I keep going to college no matter how I feel because at the end I know I won't feel guilty as I won't skip it and makes me feel slightly organised. Having a decent job helps sometimes. I occasionally made additional dinner/lunch and freeze it incase I crash into a depressive episode so I won't starve myself. I recommend going early to sleep since it generally makes me less likely to hit a crash. I tend to get more involved with people nowadays socially so I can avoid feeling empty when in my roo. Attempt to involve in a physical activity, it doesn't have to be running, it can be jumping jacks or random dancing, anything that may be most suitable for yourself :smile:. Possibly, try to reward yourself with something at the end of the week. Whether it's shopping for something online, favourite snack or a movie night, anything really :biggrin:. Hope this helps, sorry if not.

Quick Reply

Latest