The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Hi.

Essentially under character limit and everything seems ok.
However, i am 6 lines over the "line limit".

What should I be chopping?

Thanks.
Original post by MaxiGunn
Hi.

Thanks.

You can safely remove anything which talks about how you gained teamwork skills, or leadership skills, or the ability to work independently.

Similarly, you can safely remove anything which talks about your hobbies and interests (unless they're relevant to the course for which you're applying).

How many lines does that save?
Original post by MaxiGunn
Hi.

Thanks.

Hi,

I would recommend only keeping points that are relevant to your chosen course. Hobbies and volunteering work are important but only if they relate to your chosen course and have transferrable skills.

I would make sure you let your personality and passion for the course shine through but don't waffle on about irrelevant topics that don't advance reasons for making you the perfect candidate.

I hope this is of some assistance and best of luck with your application!

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
Bung the whole thing in the Hemingway website and take out anything it flags as woolly language.

Anything about your current subjects unless it’s in depth details about specific topics or work you enjoyed (admissions staff know that maths A level improves problem solving and English A level improves communication skills…you don’t need to waste space in your PS explaining your syllabus).
Reply 4
Thanks guys - this really helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending