The Student Room Group

Student landlord issues

So a quick run down: 4 of us lived in a student house separate to the uni.

One of us had their security deposit taken after check out and was left with a bill which they had to pay for us 3 to get our deposit back.

There were delays in them paying their bill but
now it’s done they’ve not communicated anything about us 3 getting the deposit back and have ignored us.

I’ve read the tenancy agreement and it says nothing about a deposit late repayment. Is there anything I can do?
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi there. You've posted this in two different sections. Which one would you like to keep? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by deadlift_noob
So a quick run down: 4 of us lived in a student house separate to the uni.

One of us had their security deposit taken after check out and was left with a bill which they had to pay for us 3 to get our deposit back.

There were delays in them paying their bill but
now it’s done they’ve not communicated anything about us 3 getting the deposit back and have ignored us.

I’ve read the tenancy agreement and it says nothing about a deposit late repayment. Is there anything I can do?

"One of us had their security deposit taken after check out" - What does this mean? Taken by who, for what?

"was left with a bill which they had to pay for us 3 to get our deposit back." - What bill?

Where were your deposits held? Were they all held seperately or as a single joint deposit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending