The Student Room Group

Getting a place on another Cambridge course if offer is missed

Hi everyone,

I have received an offer to study maths at St. Edmund's College, Cambridge, subject to me receiving S, 1 (in any order) on STEP 2 and 3. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with missing their STEP offer, but still getting into the math course, or maybe being offered a place at a similar course (Econ, CS, Philosophy)? I'm a mature student and have already taken my IB exams last year (43 with 777 at HL, including HL Math). Would really appreciate any insight on this!
Reply 1
this is great since you did very well this is very well you should accept the cambridge offer as you got the offer which means you are a great and smart person. this is very rare so you should count yourself lucky
Original post by boossman
Hi everyone,

I have received an offer to study maths at St. Edmund's College, Cambridge, subject to me receiving S, 1 (in any order) on STEP 2 and 3. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with missing their STEP offer, but still getting into the math course, or maybe being offered a place at a similar course (Econ, CS, Philosophy)? I'm a mature student and have already taken my IB exams last year (43 with 777 at HL, including HL Math). Would really appreciate any insight on this!

You won't get offered any other course. You might get in if you miss your offer, but it depends on the results of the overall cohort. The over-offer rate at Cam is very low (though higher in Maths because of the STEP results) and like all courses, it depends on whether the course fills with those who make their offers. If there are say 50 places and only 48 make their offer, then they will usually, but not always, accept the 2 nearest misses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending