The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Is Hertfordshire really expensive?

I've heard the accommodation sucks and is overpriced, but they're also the number one uni for animation. I don't have a lot of money at all so would Hertfordshire demolish my wallet and is it worth the course?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've heard the accommodation sucks and is overpriced, but they're also the number one uni for animation. I don't have a lot of money at all so would Hertfordshire demolish my wallet and is it worth the course?

Hi there,
It's great you're considering Herts as we do indeed have a leading UK and worldwide reputation in the animation field. Which course are you specifically looking at? We're 1st in the UK for 2D animation according to The Rookies Top Global Creative Schools, 2023 and you can see all of our most recent accolades across this subject area on our animation, games, film and media page.
You'll probably know that we're really well located for the industry and so offer invaluable networking and placement opportunities.
For accommodation, we'd disagree with what you've heard - we were shortlisted for 'Halls and Student Accommodation' in the 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards and our accommodation offers value for money, with all bills included and 24/7 support on hand. Have a look at our living on campus page to see the different types of accommodation we offer. We'd urge you to come and look around our accommodation so you can see for yourself - you can do this by booking for our open day this coming Saturday 25 November or by taking a campus and accommodation tour. Or you can speak directly to our Accommodation Team at our virtual open day on 13 December.
Our Student Finance Team will also be presenting and answering Q&As at both our on-campus open day and virtual open day - it would be worth checking with them about funding and scholarship options.
Hope this all helps with your research but let us know if you have any other questions.
All the best with your applications 🙂
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I had a brief run at Hertfordshire before dropping out and transferring to another Uni.

For the price? My room was super small. I was standard en-suite. It's all very white-coloured, bathroom is also quite small. For the same price at my new Uni, my room is a lot bigger and has more of a homey-feel. My room in Hertfordshire felt very corporate.

Kitchens are actually quite nice, though any maintenance needs weren't responded to very quickly.

This was just my personal experience. I felt very boxed into my room (which didn't help my mental state at the time) - I'm sure you could make it feel like home or add things to make it feel as though it's bigger.

Also, obviously it's very close to London so yes, it is very expensive for what it is.
Original post by Anonymous #2
I had a brief run at Hertfordshire before dropping out and transferring to another Uni.

For the price? My room was super small. I was standard en-suite. It's all very white-coloured, bathroom is also quite small. For the same price at my new Uni, my room is a lot bigger and has more of a homey-feel. My room in Hertfordshire felt very corporate.

Kitchens are actually quite nice, though any maintenance needs weren't responded to very quickly.

This was just my personal experience. I felt very boxed into my room (which didn't help my mental state at the time) - I'm sure you could make it feel like home or add things to make it feel as though it's bigger.

Also, obviously it's very close to London so yes, it is very expensive for what it is.

Please also note that the mental well-being services are extremely poor. Just in case this would be an important factor for you. Freshers week you are basically left to it, we had little to no contact with anyone over that first weekend and it doesn't feel that there is anyone on-hand to speak to if things aren't going too good.
Reply 4

thanks for the response :smile: i am gonna apply since the open day was rlly cool, i hope i dont die from the costs lol
Reply 5
Please also note that the mental well-being services are extremely poor. Just in case this would be an important factor for you. Freshers week you are basically left to it, we had little to no contact with anyone over that first weekend and it doesn't feel that there is anyone on-hand to speak to if things aren't going too good.

oh damn ok, ill keep that in mind, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending